Saturday 15 December 2012

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me... One giant cake!

So, I am joining in on the twelve days of Christmas photo challenge (follow the link for more info) with a bunch of other bloggers. I am running a bit late so will try to catch up today. 



The giant cake in question is the second trial for the second layer of Mr Grinch and Dr L's wedding cake and it is giant (25.5 cm diameter and 10 cm high without the frosting). I think the modelling chocolate was good to put the pattern on the side although, the one I used was too hot so looks a bit squiggly but I think it'll turn out good if I do it properly. I have worked out the right amount of batter required for this cake which is a bonus (and comprises 1 Kg each of butter, flour and sugar and 400 g of chocolate- oh dear! I hate to think how much the biggest layer is going to require). The next cake to try will be either the top layer or the third layer just so I can make sure I know how much batter I need for each of these. I don't think I'll do a full practice run as it's going to take waaay too much time and chocolate and who is going to eat all that cake?!  As long as I know all the ingredients I need, it should all be swell- in theory that is!

Check out the other bloggers' twelve days of Christmas photo challenge photos here:


No comments:

Post a Comment